How Is Copper Mined
Copper is mined from mines using different procedures and there are different ways of extracting copper. Some of the process used for extraction of process of copper is described below:
1. Hydrometallurgical extraction - copper contained mineral is first treated with sulphuric acid and then it is treated to remove the copper from the mineral. This process is vey useful and helps a lot in mining copper from the mines. This extraction technique is used by many companies and this process has much more efficiency than any other process.
2. Forth flotation - this technique was invented in year 1900 and this technique was used by ancient miners to extract the copper from the mines. Even today this process is used so that copper can be obtained from the different oxides of copper. These metals are extracted by using the forth flotation process.
3. Roasting - roasting is the process where the oxides of copper are mixed with some chemicals to obtain a reaction by which copper can be extracted. Roasting is also a very useful and efficient method of extracting copper. This process is very famous in modern mining. Roasting requires some use of different chemicals but it gives better result in the end.
4. Smelting - smelting is also a process where copper can be extracted. In smelting copper is mixed with calcine and then they are smelted to about 1200 degree temperature and then the copper is extracted from the chemical reaction. Generally at this temperature the reaction is carried out very rapidly.
5. Conversion to blister - this the process which is carried out after the smelting process is over and due to this process a chemical reaction takes place which helps in obtaining the copper. This step of extraction is very important for the purpose of extraction.
6. Reduction - reduction is the process where the oxygen is burned out of the remaining oxide of copper and by this way we gain copper. Copper extraction is very easy now days because of these processes. In copper extraction reduction is a very important step.
7. Electro refining - this is the final process of extraction of copper and in this process we get pure and fresh copper accumulated at the cathode end. This process is done with the transfer of negative and positive ions from anode to cathode and the unwanted part is left as residue in the beaker. This process is also very useful in the extraction of copper.
Offshore Drilling Rig Jobs
There is something about working offshore that is both scary and adventurous. Probably it's the thought of living in an oil rig surrounded by nothing but responsibility and endless water. But despite that, there are various job kinds that are available with these oil rigs and some of them have...