Save Electrical Energy
Saving electricity does indeed save money, more importantly it can save the planet. With the impending depletion of fossil fuels and the effect of global warming becoming worse each day, it does become imperative that each individual takes whatever measures he/ she can in even slightly lowering the consumption of non renewable energy. When you plug an appliance into a socket in your home, you would hardly think that it would cause even a bit of environmental pollution. However, the fact is that it does. At the power plant that is burning coal and producing nuclear power, every bit of electricity you use contributes to a bit of the greenhouse gases causing global warming. Surprisingly, an average home contributes more to pollution than the average car. According to the scientist James Hansen, who was the first to bring notice to global warming in the 1980’s, to prevent climate change it is essential to reduce home energy use.
Some easy strategies to save electrical energy at home and cut down on your electricity bill are listed below:
2. Switch to energy efficient laptops, which consume one-third the energy consumed by desktops. If you do use a desktop, turn it off or switch to standby mode at night. Just turning off the screen can save money.
3. The new LCD HDTVs consume less energy than the tube televisions and are Energy Star rated.
4. The fridge and the freezer are the appliances that use most energy. Pick the best Energy Rated fridge. Place both the freezer and the fridge in cold areas like the basement rather than in the kitchen. This way they will not have to work hard to keep your food cool. Also, remember to dispose old fridges properly. They can be hazardous to the environment otherwise.
5. Air conditioners are another of the big electricity guzzlers. Keep your air conditioner in the economy mode and at 23 or 24 degrees. Use a timer. Make sure that the filters are clean.
6. Devices that use electricity just by being plugged in are called electrical vampires. Mobile chargers, stereos are some examples of electrical vampires. The solution is to purchase power bar timers and plug your appliances into it. The timer will turn the power bar off and you will not be wasting electricity.
Offshore Drilling Rig Jobs
There is something about working offshore that is both scary and adventurous. Probably it's the thought of living in an oil rig surrounded by nothing but responsibility and endless water. But despite that, there are various job kinds that are available with these oil rigs and some of them have...